Monday, December 26, 2011

Korg DS-10 Track 72



Yeah, my Nintendo Korg DS-10 tune output has a bit suffered from my more elaborate music production with FL Studio and VST plugins (see Ugo Capeto music). Nevertheless, I still enjoy the Korg DS-10 because I can lay down an unpretentious tune in no time.

Let me try to describe the (tune) creation process: created 1 drum channel, then 2, then 3, then 4. When the 2 synthesizers came online, I kinda laid off the drum channels or more precisely, used them more sparingly (as it is often said, more is not necessary better). When I start a tune, I really have no idea where it's gonna go until I get to about the middle, then I have a better idea. Wouldn't say that the melodies are random but it's pretty close.

The bmp is the default bpm, that is, 120 (that's unusually fast for me). I've only used the white keys, in other words, it's in C major.

If you follow this blog very closely, you may have noticed that this is the second version of this tune. I was not completely satisfied with the bridge that is now between 1:12 and 1:36, and I also thought the tune was a bit too long.

Because 72 is a multiple of 12 (I always put 12 tracks in a Korg DS-10 album), it can only mean that an album is gonna be available shortly for download at Ugo Capeto Records.

If you make melodic electronic music on the DS-10, feel free to join and post (that's the important part) at the melodic electronica forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment