Friday, September 2, 2011

Korg DS-10 Track 67



This track marks my return to the Korg ds-10 after a bit of a break which has been spent (in part) working on my non ds-10 tunes (see Ugo Capeto Music on Bandcamp). The reason I came back to the ds-10 is "hurricane" Irene which caused a power outage last Sunday.

The beginning of the tune has just the two synthesizer voices going, each of which being a combination of saw and square waves (one voice has the two are tuned, the other slightly detuned). After a little while, the drum channels which are used as additional synthesizer voices come in, pretty much one after the other until up to five channels play in polyphony (for some reason, the fourth drum channel is not used).

I don't know if you have noticed but this tune has a bit of swing (60). The bpm is a mere 50. No effects were applied.

All my Korg ds-10 albums are available on Ugo Capeto Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment