Saturday, February 6, 2010

Korg DS-10 Track 36



This is track 36, the 12th and last track of my 3rd album "Lychees" (the tasty fruits, not to be confused with leeches).

This short track gave me a few headaches as it just wouldn't come together quite right. I am not sure it's exactly what I wanted to do but, at the end and after a few (re)listens days later, it's a bit disappointing. Maybe it's time to move on and do something else? Ok, after spending some time reflecting on the meaning of life and other stuff, I think I know what's wrong with the song: the phrase starting at 1:09 doesn't go with the rest of the song. It's a nice little riff but it doesn't mesh with the rest.

Spent quite a bit of time adjusting the patterns so that they would transition ok. It's a bit hard to do with the Korg DS-10 since you can't edit a pattern while listening to more than one pattern. I think the DS-10+ on the Nintendo DSi is a big improvement in this regard since you can edit patterns while the song is playing. Well, at least, that's what I have heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment