Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Magnatune

Among the many music sharing/selling websites out there, there is one that really sticks out for me. It's magnatune. There's some really good stuff in there and I've made getting into magnatune my (long term) goal. They apparently accept 5% (I think it's even less than that) of submissions. That's actually a good thing, I mean, why bother with a net label that accepts everything, right?

So, it started back in December 09 when I submitted Track 32 for their enjoyment. After a few days, I got this:

You recently sent music to Magnatune for us to listen to.

Unfortunately, while your music is very good, it isn't the kind of
thing we're looking for.

Sorry!


Alright, no biggie. Better luck next time. The "your music is very good" is a nice touch though and without it, I might have stopped my musical journey right after reading the message. So, thanks!

Well, next time has arrived and I've just submitted Track 45 for their perusal. Haven't got any reply yet but will keep you posted (hopefully, they will say something if it's rejected so that I can post about it).

The stuff I submit is pure Korg DS-10 but I don't disclose it anymore although my email address kinda gives it away (for my next submission, I won't be using my DS-10 email address). We all know the sound quality is not the greatest coming out of the DS-10 so I might have to do some post-processing on the audio (oh, the horror!) in the future. Yeah, those guys are pretty picky regarding the cleanliness of the tracks, audio wise, and it might be disrespectful to send them raw DS-10 audio files. Fortunately, I've got cool edit pro in my arsenal of audio tools.

Eheh, just got the reply from magnatune and it looks very familiar:

You recently sent music to Magnatune for us to listen to.

Unfortunately, while your music is very good, it isn't the kind of
thing we're looking for.

Sorry!


Cool, my music is still (very) good, and that's all that matters. They don't know it yet but they haven't heard the last of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment